Thursday, March 12, 2009

Resident Evil 5 (First Impressions) and Copyright Issues

Hey guys

I feel in a very mixed mood today which I will explain why I am in a good mood. Earlier this morning I got RESIDENT EVIL 5 through the post.

RESIDENT EVIL 5



I was so surprised and shock that I got one of possible game of the year titles a day early which is BLOODY BRILLANT. I could not believe that I got it.

Heres the synposis of the game from the Capcom Website

From the ashes of old conflicts, a new terror arises. The Umbrella Corporation and its crop of lethal viruses have been destroyed and contained. But a new, more dangerous threat has emerged. Years after surviving the events in Raccoon City, Chris Redfield has been fighting the scourge of bio-organic weapons all over the world. Now a member of the Bio-terrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSSA), Chris is sent to Africa to investigate a biological agent that is transforming the populace into aggressive and disturbing creatures. Joined by another local BSSA agent, Sheva Alomar, the two must work together to solve the truth behind the disturbing turn of events. Featuring a revolutionary new co-op mode of gameplay, Resident Evil 5 will let players experience fear together as terror moves out of the shadows and into the light of day.


Chris Redfield, protagonist of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, returns and is joined by new playable character Sheva Alomar, an African BSAA agent tasked with investigating the epidemic. New cooperatively-focused gameplay revolutionizes the way that Resident Evil is played, allowing players to experience the next generation of fear together. Resident Evil 5 supports any form of co-op gameplay, including Online, Split-screen, and System Link modes.

Heres some pictures of me playing the game and some of the quality in one or two pictures maybe slightly bad.

That is the opening title sequence.

It looks like that I am trying to find an enemy around the corner.
Looks like I have found some bad guys.
Menu Sequences sometimes I hate these.
Im going in for the kill which is always awesome.
Killing time Part 2
Going up some steps it looks like.

This game is so amazing, The look of the game is stunning. The graphics are top notch when I was watching the Bonus DVD that you get with the Limited edition they really went all out on this title. It shows they did the Full motion capture.

I will admit does not have a patch of The First Resident Evil when it comes to a scary environment, I remember playing the original on the Playstation. When you were playing the same character Chris Redfield and this time you are teamed up with woman called Sheva Alomar who helps you out in this game. Now the real catch is that you have to try to keep yourself alive and your partner alive. Even if your partner dies then it is Game Over which makes the game more of a challenge which I find excellent. Now can not run and shoot at the same time as the other games which a lot of gamers got turned off by.

But this is a first impressions so will wait and see how it goes after a few days

COPYRIGHT ISSUES

Now I was watching a BillTVMacon video earlier and it was called "Why I May Be Leaving YouTube"



One of the things that I really like about Bill is that he explains his situations without using forced language or being abusive towards his viewers. He explained that one of videos had some copyright issue. In the video he say that if he leaves Youtube then thats the reason why.

Now I was talking to Bill before he put the video asking me about this copyright deal and I tried to explain it to him the best way I can because it is very hard to explain Youtube's copyright and very confusing.

Its sad shame. Bill isnt the only one to face this, there are others who are facing the same situation, people I know and regularly watch their videos.

Plus this is added on the fact that the other day that the UK Youtube users can not watch music videos.

Heres the news article about the Youtube situation - Youtube stands by UK Video Block

Here's a blog entry by Darren Waters that explains the whole situation - Youtube Row Reflects Online Minefield

Now this whole situation does make me worry but I know I will overcome this when hopefully I will put out a video either the weekend or on Monday. If this keeps on happening and if it happens to my mate Arron who did a Lip Sync video the other day and gets some problems then I am going to have a serious problem with Youtube.

Im hoping not to go that road.

Anyway

It is Red Nose Day tomorrow and please donate what you can to http://tinyurl.com/rednose2009

Everything counts and I'll be back soon.

Bye for now

Barry

No comments: