Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Illness is a Drag, The Inbetweeners and Angry Video Game Nerd

OK I have been Ill for last few days and its a real drag. One of the things I hate about being ill is that you don't know how long you are going to be ill. I remember an illness when I was College 8 years ago when I was Ill for 2 weeks before that I thought everyone would only get ill for up to a week.

Good thing is that my virus is getting better, I thought it would be a winter thing but oh well you learn something new every day.

During the time when I had been ill My Mum suggested to me to watch the Inbetweeners which I has never heard of. It started the series 2 the day before and she thought it maybe worth me checking out.

Inbetweeners is a group of friends in the 6th Form who aren't cool enough to be popular and not geeky enough to be nerds. The series is set in West London.

I have to say this is best sitcom I have seen in a long time since Only Fools & Horses.

I love this programme that I mentioned it quite a bit on Twitter and Facebook and a lot of people agreed with me. I saw the first series soon after I saw the first episode of series 2. I am defintely buying the box set once it comes after the second series has finished on E4.

Here is some videos from The Inbetweeners from the E4 Youtube Channel

Simon - The Inbetweeners (E4)
Neil - The Inbetweeners (E4)
Jay - The Inbetweeners (E4)

It also won a British Comedy award for best new British comedy



There is a rumour that they are thinking of doing a US Version "Iain Morris and Damon Beesley have been asked by American Broadcasting Corporation to produce a pilot for a U.S. version of the series. They will be head writers for the project. The network has given Morris and Beesley a second blind script commitment for a future project the two will create. Both projects will be made at ABC Studios."

OK the final thing I have enjoyed lately is a Computer Game Review Series Called ANGRY VIDEO GAME NERD, I will say this programme does contain a lot of swearing and other stuff that could make you sick.

It is an Internet success that I have been watching a few episodes lately made in 2007 and 2008. These are some of my favourite episodes from the show. Remember these shows do contain quite a bit of swearing and stuff to make you sick.

Angry Video Game Nerd: Super Mario Bros 3 and The Wizard



Angry Video Game Nerd: Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout


Angry Video Game Nerd: Dragon's Lair



Thats it for now. Hopefully I will be better for the next entry.

Oh Yeah I may have to do the 2 Truths & 1 Lie Answer video a day on the 14th or the 16th because on the 15th I have an Interview with a charity about doing some volunteering which I hope something will come out.

OK Now I am done.

Have a great week

Barry

1 comment:

Bill said...

I fear trying to make US versions of great UK shows. Case in point, "The Office." Although the US show is well done, it's nowhere near as good as the UK original w/Ricky Gervais.