Monday, February 23, 2009

Street Fighter IV (Playstation 3 Review)

Hey guys

Its been a long time since I did a blog entry for the second day running but I decided to do one.

STREET FIGHTER IV REVIEW (IGN Entertainment)




I got Street Fighter IV over the weekend on the Playstation 3 and I heard a lot of reviews about the game.

CONCEPT

The concept of the game well its like any other beat em’ up that we all love to play. The objective is to beat up all the other characters to bloody pulp to get your characters hearts and desires which I think it is really cool. Luckily though They dont have any ring outs which I ain’t a fan. I will put at the end I rather beat my opponent to a bloody pump so then there is only one left standing.

There are two things that is really special about this fourth edition within the series 1) You can play online with others for the very first time and 2) Where you can play all the old characters from Street Fighter History and including four new characters.

It brings back the basics of Street Fighter II while it keeps up with the new generation of gamers who know beat em ups like Tekken, Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur.

HOW THE GAME PLAYS

I like how the game plays as although it has linear storyline that isn’t interactive where you can take the story but I love the characters are so unique that they have their line before a battle starts I like they have some very humorous lines that made me chuckle. It is really smooth and easy to get into, which I what I need lately with a lot of games being a difficult on how to master the controls.

THE LOOK OF THE GAME

The graphics are smooth and so real to life, its like God had come to me in a dream and slapped me to tell me that games can go a lot further. It mixes 2D characters with 3D backgrounds and I was thinking it would mess up the game but it hasnt completely which is awesome. I'm really glad that game graphics have got better and better but in most of these games the game play isn’t top quality but with this game it is top quality. The character graphics are 5 star quality in my opinion.

THE SOUND OF THE GAME

The sounds of the game play are very realistic, it comes out crystal clear. The familar special move names are still there from the past. It really feels like a Beat Em Up game coming at you, which is awesome.

THE PLAYABILITY OF THE GAME

The controls are very difficult and very challenging for me as I think this is a brilliant thing as there aren’t a lot of games that offer a challenge nowadays which makes me sad. The game offers many different moves and combos that take to time to find, which is an excellent thing to have in any beat em up.

I will admit the control system on the Playstation 3 controller can be a pain in the bum where you can click on a button and it will not work at times.

FINAL VERDICT

I think this game is really fun to play, the first character I chose to pick I will admit was Ryu. I could play on this game for hours and never stop playing I kept on going and going with the arcade mode to beat the boss. I have to admit I didnt like the final boss Seth with someone who can do all the special moves. I prefered M. Bison as the final boss.

4.5 out of 5 in my opinion.

Here's the Street Fighter IV Intro to finish this post.



Bye For Now

Barry

No comments: